Top 6 Questions About Microblading
If you’re thinking of getting microblading in Orlando, call or text today (407) 574-8383. Or, take advantage of our online consultation. To learn more, read on about the process and what to expect. Have you ever wished you could wake up looking like you just got back from vacation? With microblading, that’s a reality. This semi-permanent beauty treatment can give you natural-looking eyebrows that last anywhere from 1-2 years.
1. What is microblading and what are the benefits compared to other forms of tattooing or brow shaping methods in Orlando?
Microblading is a relatively new beauty trend that is growing in popularity. It is a form of tattooing in which pigment deposits into the upper layers of the skin with a manual microblade. compared to other forms of tattooing, microblading offers a number of benefits, including:
- A more natural look and feel than traditional tattoos.
- Precision – microblading can create very fine lines and detail that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with other methods.
- Reduced healing time – because the pigment deposits superficially, there is typically minimal bleeding and no scabbing required, meaning that the healing process is much shorter than for traditional tattoos.
- Increased versatility.
To learn more about the differences of microblading, visit our Microblading: Facts vs Myths page and learn about the different eyebrows styles here.
2. Who is a good candidate for microblading and who should avoid it altogether?
If you are active, want to look your best every day, or if any of the following describes you, then you are a candidate for permanent makeup:
- Poor vision or blindness
- Unskilled at applying conventional makeup
- Sparse, light, or no eyebrows
- Unsteady hands
- Going through chemotherapy
- Parkinson’s disease
- Oily with large pores
- Very fair and afraid of color
- Makeup smears or smudges and never stays in place
- Want to free yourself of the time it takes to apply makeup every day
- If you have NO history of keloid (raised) scarring in your family
- Thinning brows due to thyroid disorders
Candidates who may be not be a great candidate include people with diabetes, pregnant and lactating women, people with glaucoma, people who are taking blood-thinning medicines (e.g. aspirin), Cortisone, Steroids, Accutane, Retin-A, Renova. You must have written permission from your physician if you are taking Coumadin or Heparin. People with skin diseases such as psoriasis, eczema, undiagnosed rashes and blisters and those with easily trigger post inflammatory hyper pigmentation are not good candidates. Also contraindicated are individuals who are attempting to cover or camouflage Telangiectasia or birthmarks. Additionally, herpes simplex was once a contraindication, however, with the advent of medications to control the viral breakout, herpes is no longer considered a contraindication.
3. How long do microblading results last in the Orlando climate? What is the typical healing process like after getting the procedure done?
Results are immediate, although the full end result is visible in approximately four weeks. The color will soften and the light crusting will be almost gone in 7-15 days. Most procedures require a follow-up appointment. We schedule follow-up appointments 4-6 weeks later. The color will be darker for the first 7-15 days. That is because color is both implanted in the dermal layer of the skin and it also sits on top of the skin (that is the slight crusting) and will get a softer look over 2 to 6 weeks. Considering the many variables in color retention, results may last 1-2 years. Hair strokes typically fade into a powder styled brow over time as the fine stroke becomes less distinct. The strokes can typically be replicated at your color boost appointment.
4. What kind of care should be taken post-procedure to ensure optimal healing results and how soon can you resume your normal activities/routine?
Although most people feel they can return to work or other daily activities immediately; there may be some redness, slight swelling and the area treated may have a thin crust for 7-15 days. We recommend avoiding activities that would result in heavy perspiration and long exposure to the sun during this time. The healing process varies from person to person and depends on the procedure performed. Keeping the area free from bacteria is vital to preventing an infection. Cosmetics should not be used on or around the treated area until it is closed and fully healed, which is roughly 5-15 days depending on your service and your typical healing pattern. Check out this video for more info –>
5. How much does microblading cost on average in Orlando, FL area and do any special deals or discounts apply if you’re looking to get it done sooner rather than later (or vice versa)?
Permanent Makeup is an art. As permanent makeup artists’, we have had years of training and experience refining our artistic skills, and continue to attend advanced training to stay current with the latest advancements in permanent makeup. We believe our work speaks for itself and while price can be an important part of your decision process, it certainly shouldn’t be the deciding factor. The length of time someone has been performing permanent makeup is not alone an indicator of the quality of his or her work. You may consider saving for a while to go to the artist that has demonstrated their skills with good before and after photos. Having the work done well the first time is much less expensive than having the work done poorly and then having correction work performed. Correction work can take months and involve multiple appointments resulting in fees adding up to $1,000 or more, depending on the number of appointments needed. We are confident in our prices and our work.
We offer our loyal clients on-going discounts. Join our A-List Access club to learn more!
6. Any tips or advice on choosing a reputable microblading artist in Orlando – things to look out for, red flags, etc.?
Do your homework. The internet can be a bit much when it comes to social media, reviews, and content. However, it’s vital that you use this information to your benefit. We recommend following this checklist with 3 R’s:
- Read the business reviews specific to the service you want. You can read our reviews here.
- Review the business portfolio and posted images on their website or social feeds. Check out our work here.
- Respect the business experience and education. Explore the website to find out more about their background, certificates and on-going education. You can learn more about our background here.
So, are you still curious about microblading?
We offer a free online consultation so that you can ask all of the questions you have and see if this is the right beauty treatment for you. Contact us today to book your appointment or Fill out our FREE online consultation form!
Leave A Comment